Thursday, March 18, 2010

Brilliant Idea! Sewing Machine Cafe in Paris

A new cafe in Paris with a definitely new twist- renting sewing machines by the hour. How brilliant and innovative! I for one would make good use of this as I always seem to have trouble with my sewing machine that gets dragged out of the closet every few months - or years in some cases. Do I remember how to thread the bobbin? What is the little trick I need to remember so the thread doesn't break? Is it at the correct tension? The list goes on. And there are many things I would sew if I could scoot off to the Sweatshop Cafe and not have to fret over my own machine that probably needs oiling, cleaning and other things I do not want to deal with for a one hour sew.

So you lucky people in Paris can now head over to the Sweatshop Cafe and sew away on one of the ten Singer sewing machines in the cafe for six euros for an hour - or buy a pass for longer projects. Tea, coffee, and pastries are extra. They also offer workshops on sewing, knitting and do-it-yourself fashion.

Next door you can enjoy the delights of Bob's Juice Bar serving up organic and natural breakfasts and lunches including what some feel are the best bagels in Paris.

Sweatshop, 13 rue Lucien Sampaix 75010 Paris; Tel: 09 787 71 54 61; Email: info@sweatshopparis.com; Metro: Jaques Bonsergent (Orange 5); Open: Tuesday to Friday from 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm,, Saturday and Sunday from 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Bob's Juice Bar, 15 rue Lucien Sampaix 75010 Paris; Metro: Jaques Bonsergent (Orange 5); Open: Mondays to Fridays from 7:30 am to 3:00pm
Bob's Kitchen, 74 rue des Gravilliers 75003 Paris; Tel: 952 551 166; Metro: Arts et Metiers (3 or 11); Open Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, Sunday brunch from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.

No comments: