Monday, November 23, 2009

More Bread Searching in Spain - Madrid Now



 As I mentioned in my posts about searching for really good and artisanal bread in Barcelona, finding made-from-scratch, quality bread in Spain is harder than you might think. In Madrid you can go to one of the six locations for the Cosmen and Keiless bakeries. They offer a variety of bread and pastries, priding themselves on making their bread using traditional methods and with ingredients from  “clean crops”. Find baguettes, as well as spelt, multi-seed, multi-grain and olive oil breads, with a host of pastries. To find the locations for all six of the Cosmen and Keiless bakeries in Madrid click on “Tiendas” at the Web site. The La Salesas store is between the metros Colon y Chueca and the Principe location is between the Goya and Velzquez metro stops.There are no gluten-free options at this time, but if you can tolerate spelt you are in luck.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have been dissaponted with the breads in Madrid actually, I hadn't discovered Cosmen & Keiless (C & K) though. I certainly hadn't found any naturally leavened breads. I'll try and track down a C & K before I leave Madrid.

Cheers