Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sevilla!


I am not sure I ever wrote about Sevilla as I shortened my trip there due to pouring rain. The day and a half I did spend in Sevilla was a delight. The sunny, bright day I arrived, every square and plaza was filled with joyous Spaniards partaking in their afternoon lunches and cervezas. The cathedral is massive and the Real Alcazar (Royal Palace) was spectacular. With extensive gardens and some Moorish architecture to rival the Alhambra, I would put the Real Alcazar at the top of any Sevilla must-see list. Sevilla has its own version of cheap bicycle renting called Sevici and the tourist office offers free wifi Monday through Friday. A city filled with youth and vibrance, and a hot spot for Flamenco, not to mention health food stores and and an open airy feeling, Sevilla makes for great touring.

No comments: